Monday, February 9, 2009

Readings for week whatever

I really enjoyed how Chapter 22 of HDB was laid out. I'm a kinæsthetic learner, so reading material never really quite does it for me, but when forced, I can process the material if there are a variety of formats which I can follow, and chapter 22 with its charts and illustrations helped me with that process. It helps to remind me to keep my students interested in whatever we're learning about, and to not just spit a bunch of text at them. Similar to Jodi, I also enjoyed the sample exercise 1 which suggests using reala to teach posession. I also find some things difficult to teach with ink and paper, and using reala would hit the spot in such a context.

1 comment:

MaryT said...

have you ever tried riding a stationary bike or balancing your chair on one leg while reading? These things actually help some people