Sunday, September 28, 2008

Class on 9-22-2008

I was initially pretty uncomfortable with the entire concept of this multi-genre project. I chose "humor in the TESL classroom" for my topic, and I was growing increasingly apprehensive about how we were going to report on using humor to teach English. But, my group and I talked it over, and I'm now feeling MUCH more comfortable with this as a topic. I think that this project is going to be rather enjoyable, and I'm really looking forward to the outcome.

Aside from assuaging my fears on the multi-genre project, class made me (once again) very aware of the differences between undergrad and graduate school. Obvious differences aside, I always notice how much enthusiasm my fellow students have for school. It's obvious that they're there because they want to be, and not because they have to be. It's a nice change. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People usually go to graduate school because they want to do it; they want to use this knowledge and experience to reach some goals they have set in life. As for the multi-genre research paper, it's good that you have figured out what you are going to do about it. It might be confusing at times, but as far as I understand, we just have to do the tasks assigned for each class.