Monday, April 6, 2009

Reaction to class on 4-1-09

My presentation went well. I'm going to try a different tack this week, I'm going to post my verbatim comments from Esther on here for everyone.

Nice start about asking whom among your classmates have taught writing.
It might have been good to show your classmates your agenda before starting. It might be good to have a visual scaffold.
Nice activity to break your classmates into groups according to writing strategies. Nice to give your classmates a time limit to partner up and to finish the activity.
Good that you go around monitoring your classmates’ work. It would be good to have a time reminder, and you just did that. Interesting activity. Good job.

I was a little nervous before I started presenting. Last semester, Veronika and I worried greatly about each slide in our gigantic powerpoint presentation, and we labored to cram as much information into our 30 minutes as we could.

I promised myself I wouldn't bore the class with powerpoint lecturing, and I decided to let everybody talk and share with everybody else their ideas on how to incorporate the ideas presented in the book with a curriculum. For the most part, a lot of positive feedback was received, and except for Adib's skanky picture, most of them were ideas I would use in my own class.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I can't believe I left before the unveiling of the skanky picture.

You are an engaging presenter. I'm sure your future students will enjoy you as a teacher.

Bekir said...

I like you presentaiton you were able to engage all of us. I have always been impressed by your accent. I wonder could you help me to learn that certain accent.